C**** T** T****'s avatar'
C**** T** T****4 months agoImprove Work Performance

Can boss fire workers for seldom interaction and self isolation in company?

Actually, I am working as Software QA Engineer. I am an introvert and a little bit of social phobia. My boss has terminated me after finish 3 months of probation period and given additional 6 months salary as compensation. Due to didn't socialize with other colleague such as didn't join them for lunch and didn't attend any social gathering.

Some colleague report me for not socializing with them. Boss worry about the lack of communication and teamwork on my site, can effecting overall performance and the project. Actually, I am the one who got communicate with other colleague developer on the bug that I found. Remind them on the date of deployment. But most of the time, they say can do it afterward. In the end, they didn't fixed the bug and deploy latest version.

So the boss say I got communicate with them and have team working skill. But due to didn't socialize with them and self-isolation most of the time. Boss also mention most extrovert have a stereotype introvert person as dangerous and depression. And hope I can understand them and want to make the office without politics and peaceful working environment.

Can I report to Malaysia Human Resources Department on this issue?

Darren Ng's avatar'
Darren Ng4 months ago
In Malaysia, an employer has the right to terminate an employee's contract during the probation period for various reasons, including concerns about communication and teamwork skills. However, termination based solely on introversion or social phobia may be considered unfair if the employee is able to perform their job duties effectively. It is advisable to consult with the Malaysia Human Resources Department to discuss the details of your termination and seek advice on whether it was justified or discriminatory.