***** ******'s avatar'
***** ******2 months agoConflict with Boss

What is micromanagement? How to deal with a micromanager?

I'm starting to feel suffocated at work. My boss constantly checks on my progress, asks for frequent updates, and even dictates how I should perform simple tasks. I think this might be micromanagement, but I'm not entirely sure.

I'd love to hear from others who have experienced this. What exactly defines micromanagement? How has it affected your work performance and job satisfaction? And most importantly, how have you successfully dealt with a micromanaging boss?

Darren Ng's avatar'
Darren Ng2 months ago
Micromanagement is a management style where a supervisor closely observes and controls the work of their employees, often getting involved in minute details. This can lead to decreased employee autonomy, morale, and productivity. To deal with a micromanager, it's important to communicate openly and proactively with your boss, set clear expectations, and demonstrate your competence and accountability. Seek feedback on your work, ask for more autonomy, and address any concerns or issues directly with your supervisor. Building a trusting relationship and showing your capabilities can help alleviate micromanagement tendencies.