***** ******'s avatar'
***** ******1 month agoAbout Job Interview

How to follow up after an interview? and when should I follow up?

I recently had a job interview that I thought went well, but I'm unsure about the next steps. I'd love some advice on how to properly follow up with the company and when the best time to do so would be. Should I send a thank-you email? If so, what should I include in it? Is it appropriate to ask about the status of my application, and how long should I wait before doing so?

Samantha Tan's avatar'
Samantha Tan1 month ago
Following up after an interview is a crucial step in the job application process. It's always a good idea to send a thank-you email within 24 hours of the interview. In your email, express your appreciation for the opportunity to interview, reiterate your interest in the position, and mention something specific that you discussed during the interview to show that you were actively engaged. It's also appropriate to inquire about the status of your application if you haven't heard back within a week to 10 days. You can simply ask for an update on the timeline for their hiring decision. Remember to stay polite and professional in all your communications. Good luck!